The Carnival Cruise Lines dry-dock schedule 2013/2014/2015 for the new Carnival Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades. Our detailed Carnival Fun Ship 2.0 schedule will tell you which ships, when and how much will be refurbished (or refitted). "Carnival Fun Ship" today means so much more than a logo content for the world's biggest cruise line. It means quality, unique features and specific trends of targeting the cruise ship travel industry at levels no one has seen before. Carnival Fun Ship is a term referring to the consistent policy of the Carnival Lines to keep their fleet up-to-date, always better, most fun, special and absolutely unique.
Carnival Fun Ship 1.0 program
Carnival Fun Ship 1.0 upgrades (the program was officially named "Evolutions of Fun") were a part of the Carnival ship refit-refurbishment program pertaining mostly to the oldest Carnival ships of the Fantasy-class (Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, Sensation). It included adding all the special Carnival fun features, like the biggest LED screen at sea (the "Seaside Theatre"), the WaterWorks aqua park, the adults-only Serenity complex, mini-golf courses, enlarging the on-board spa, the Carnival kids programming, refitting Oceanview cabins into balconied, implementing fleet-wide the "Your Time Dining" concept, etc. This "first wave" of making the Carnival Fun better started in 2007 to be finished in 2010.
Carnival Fun Ship 2.0 program
The Carnival Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades/renovation program was initiated in 2011 to extend through the end of 2015. The Fun Ship 2.0 program is the CCL's US $500 million product-enhancement initiative encompassing 14 Carnival ships and incorporating the CCL's concepts already introduced on the newest Carnival cruise ships (Magic and Breeze), plus adding numerous brand new features. It also includes the visions and direct involvement and participation of celebrities, like the "delicious" Guy Fieri and George Lopez "the fun". The newest Carnival ship refurbishment program will be a "most fun" media content in the next 5 years in which it will be implemented.
"Impressive" is the right word for the Carnival's "Fun Ship 2.0" schedule, since everything pertaining to the Carnival Line and any Carnival should be in this category - and above. The new upgrades and renovations cover dining, entertainment, public venues (bars and lounges), and it all started with the Carnival Liberty ship in October 2011. The list with ships that won't receive the "full pack" of new features includes Conquest, Glory, Freedom and Valor, and partially Magic, the reason being they don't have the necessary deck space for that.
Carnival Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades
- The new Carnival cruise burgers at "Guy's Burger Joint" (by the Food Network's Fieri) - free of charge top notch Beef burgers with huge slabs of beef, 2 kinds of cheese, hand-cut fries and the ton of smiles (poolside, open for lunch/dinner/snacks).
- A new on-board comedy program overseen by the new Carnival Line's comedy director - the celebrity George Lopez and the "The Punchliner Comedy Club" - high quality live comedy shows as part of the on-board evening entertainment, performed in the main dining rooms.
- An upgraded music program, overseen by the new Carnival Line's official DJ - the celebrity DJ Irie of the "Miami Heat".
- Upgraded stage shows - "Motor City" (60s Motown hits), "Divas" (music-dance-fashion, with music from female singers) and the themed "Latin Nights" and "The Brits!".
- The list of new venues on Carnival ships includes the "SportSquare" (already on Magic), the "Cherry on Top" shop, and the "Cucina del Capitano" family restaurant with its best Italian cuisine and singing waiters, the "RedFrog Pub" on Breeze will be copied fleetwide: as the Caribbean "RedFrog Rum Bar" (with its frozen drinks and beers and the new Carnival "ThirstyFrog Red" label draft brew) plus the new Mexican "BlueIguana Tequila Bar" with its own frozen drinks and Mexican beers (both bars are located pool deck, and both allowing the most casual shorts and flip flops). The list of the new Carnival ship bars continues the "Library Bar" (bar service & automatic wine dispensers), the top-modern "EA SPORTS Bar" (interactive EA video games, watching live sports on a huge video-wall, 24-7 real-time sports scores) and the "Alchemy Bar" (traditional, specialty & custom made cocktails) - a free-choice concept to mix your own concoctions via tablet. A new free of charge casual dining venue is the "BlueIguana Cantina" (located pool-deck) - a fresh Mexican cuisine of burritos, tacos and on board-made tortillas with a big variety of salsas and toppings, Mexican beers and frozen drinks, live music - it surely sounds great!
- As to the new entertainment, besides the Lopez effect, there'll be "The Game Show" (licensed by Hasbro Inc) permitting guests to play Hasbro classics on stage and shown on giant LED screens (6 main games are included in the show - "Sorry Sliders", "Simon Flash", "Yahtzee Bowling", "Operation" and "Connect 4 Basketball"). The "Playlist Productions" (30-minute shows by leading West End and Broadway caliber producers and directors) will include current musical hits, "high speed energy" shows, great special effects combined with live performances. The first Carnival Breeze ship's passengers will be the first ever to experience this new kind of show productions.
Carnival refurbishment/dry-dock schedule 2013/2014/2015 dates
- [Carnival refurbished ships 2011] - Legend, Liberty, Magic, Valor.
- [Carnival refurbished ships 2012] - Dream (Sept8-22), Conquest (Oct14-28), Glory (Nov2-15).
- Carnival ships to be refurbished 2013: Destiny (Feb22-Apr12), Fantasy (Jan26-Feb8), Fascination (Jan5-19, adding 98 balcony cabins), Imagination (September 16-30), Triumph (May 11 - June 12), Inspiration (November 4-18).
- Carnival cruise ships to be refurbished 2014: Legend (Jan19 - Feb2, for Australia cruises), Pride (February 1-16), Victory (February 17-March 3), Elation, Fantasy, Freedom, Valor, in  Magic, Miracle, Paradise, Spirit, Splendor (?).
Carnival Sunshine refurbishment/renovation
The most extensively-expensive will be the Carnival Destiny's drydock refit - at the staggering cost of US $155 million really extreme makeover producing a brand new Carnival cruise ship in 2013! After its last dry-dock ever (a 49-day refurbishment), the Destiny ship will emerge as Carnival Sunshine. This amazing cruise ship transformation will be made in the Fincantieri shipyard (Monfalcone, Italy) to add a new partial deck and 2 other decks (in the front section). As a result from the Carnival Destiny renovation, 182 new cabins will be added (including 96 spa cabins), all of the ship's other cabins will be also refurbished (with a new tropical decor). The list of all major changes includes:
- a new Asian restaurant (casual dining venue)
- "The Comfort Kitchen" (in the Lido Marketplace)
- the "Havana Bar" (Lido Marketplace) with floor to ceiling windows
- the "Sunshine Bar" (Atrium)
- a new cigar club
- the first ever 3-deck-high Carnival Serenity retreat (an adults-only area) with the Carnival Cloud 9 Spa package.
- the "SportSquare" (an open-air complex with a ropes course, a minigolf course and a half-size basketball-volleyball court.
Carnival Triumph refit/refurbished 2013 dry dock news
From the latest news - Carnival Triumph will be in drydock in Bahamas (Freeport, Grand Bahama shipyard) from May 11 through June 12. The Triumph dry dock is for final repairs/enhancements, and CCL will use the drydock time to implement some of the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades. The list of upgrades includes: "Guy's Burger Joint", "BlueIguana Cantina", "Alchemy Bar", "EA SPORTS Bar", "RedFrog Rum Bar", "BlueIguana Tequila Bar". By the new $300 mill fleet-wide renovation program (see below) the Triumph ship will be also outfitted with new fire detection/suppression systems and with an additional emergency backup generator.
Carnival refurbishment program 2013 updates
On April 17, 2013, CCL announced it will spend more than US$300 mill on ship upgrades and enhancements fleet-wide. Safety and electrical fixes have already begun on some ships which are currently in dry-dock, but in general the work will be done while the vessels are in service. CCL officials said the improvement plan for the upgrades came after a comprehensive review of the Triumph's fire incident. The main goals of the new (and very expensive) renovation program are:
- enhancing emergency power capabilities - an additional emergency diesel generator will be installed on each ship (back-up power for cabin and public toilets, fresh water, elevators). A 2nd permanent back-up power system will be also installed to additionally back up hotel/guest services (cooking facilities, food refrigerators, internet/phone communications).
- improving fire prevention/detection/suppression capacities by implementing newest fire safety technologies. Upgrades will be made on the existing fire suppression systems (the new system will produce larger & thicker cloud of water droplets), some engine-related electrical components will be also upgraded.
- improving the operating redundancy of each ship's 2 separate engine rooms.
- expanding the hotel services availability during incidents involving loss of main power.
- Carnival Corp fleet-wide enhancements will start with an operational review of all the 10 Carnival brands ships (a total of 101 vessels). Based on the results of the review, the latest technology versions will be implemented on all ships where they are not present. The overall cost of the enchantments program across the whole fleet (CCL ships included) will cost from US$600 to US$700 million.
- According to the official statistics, nearly 4,5 mill passengers sail with CCL each year. "I'll continue to sail on them if they're going where I want & the price's right. And if they have a serious problem while I'm onboard I know I'll get a decent compensation or a possible free cruise."
Well, Carnival surely has its big things going on all the time! For more info on the Carnival upcoming events and latest news - go pick a flower and read all about them at Carnival Cruise News or check our cruise ships renovations/refurbishments schedule & news survey.
You can share/like our "Carnival Fun Ship 2.0/dry-dock/refurbishment schedule" survey via the social buttons below. See you, guys! Have the fun of your life on each of your Fun Ship carnivals at sea!