Our review of the Carnival VIFP Club loyalty program changes (VIFP levels, points, benefits) and the new Carnival “Faster To The Fun” (FTTF) priority boarding program might be much helpful for you. View the list of Carnival Faster To The Fun/FTTF ships with prepaid priority access package available for purchasing online – and the “FTTF – is it worth it” review. Read all about the Carnival loyalty program and find out what are the past guest benefits for each level of membership, the new points and colors and how to make the Fun Ships fun a real deal. The survey is integrated with Integrated with Carnival cruise information, tips and tricks and our Carnival cruise news hub.
Carnival VIFP Club
The new Carnival loyalty program is called “The VIFP Club”, where VIFP stands for “Very Important Fun Person”. So from now on, all Fun Ship guests will be considered “VIP Fun” passengers – no matter past or present. All members of the Carnival VIFP Club form, as CCL says, a “secret society” – with way more fun deeds and deals than secrets.
Carnival VIFP vs the old Carnival loyalty program changes (review)
The new Carnival Loyalty Program is a five-tier Past Passenger cruise loyalty program (aka Past Guest recognition program) with benefits according to the number of the Carnival VIFP points you’ve earned. The main difference between the old program and the new VIFP Club is that the new one is based on the number of days you’ve sailed with Carnival, rather than the number of sailings. This means one Carnival VIFP point for each day on board a Fun Ship is the “deal of the day” now.
Your very own Carnival cruise past guest number will be generated after you create a profile within the Carnival’s “My Profile” database. This number is unique for each guest and will give you an exclusive accesses to all info on all your past & present Carnival bookings.
Carnival cruise VIFP levels/points
There are 5 levels/colors in the Carnival Cruises Past Guest program: “Blue”, “Red”, “Gold”, “Platinum” and “Diamond”. What are the Carnival Cruise Lines loyalty program benefits for each level?
- Benefits for “BLUE” VIFP members (0 points, first-time with Carnival) – Members-only offers (on
select sailings with hugely discounted fares) and the Member eNewsLetter.
- Benefits for “RED” VIFP members (on your 2nd cruise with Carnival, 1 to 24 points) – a coupon for a complimentary specialty drink at “Punchliner Comedy Brunch” (in Main Dining Rooms).
- Benefits for “GOLD” VIFP members (25-74 points) – all the previous ones plus an invitation to the Gold-Platinum-Diamond VIFP cocktail party (available on 5+ day sailings, with free drinks and appetizers), and a Gold VIFP pin(given to you upon entry into the G-level).
Now to continue with the best Carnival cruise Past Guest specials, starting with the benefits for “PLATINUM” VIFP members (75-199 points), with all “Gold” benefits:
- complimentary Carnival FTTF service (see below “Faster To The Fun” program) which is all about priority - security, check-in, express boarding, priority tender boarding (ship to shore only), embarkation and debarkation, early stateroom availability, express luggage delivery, priority Spa and dining reservations (Main Dining Rooms, Specialty Restaurants), priority line at Guest Services desk.
- (on each sailing) – collectible ship- and year- pins, a Carnival logo-gift.
- Carnival cruise casino points/comps (age limit 18+ yo) – buy one get one free tournament entry
- a complimentary arcade play credit (valued $5, for guests 18- yo).
- complimentary laundry services (wash and fold service, 2 bags on 3-5 day sailings, 3 bags on 7+ days).
- the “Chocolate Delight” surprise of 4 chocolate-dipped Carnival strawberries (delivered in the cabin, on 5+ day sailings).
Benefits for “DIAMOND” VIFP members (200+ points) – all “Platinum” benefits, plus:
- guaranteed reservations for Specialty Restaurants and in the Main Dining Rooms
- (one time offers) a complimentary dinner for 2 at a Specialty Restaurant on board
- (one time per sailing) a special invitation from the captain (with free drinks)
- a free cabin upgrade (OR 3rd and 4th guests cruise for free)
- unlimited complimentary laundry services
- a club luggage tag and a passport holder (upon entry into the D-level)
- a tall-free Carnival cruise number for sales and services
- a US $100 contribution to the St Jude Research Hospital (per member).
Carnival loyalty program benefits – free cruise & onboard credit/OBC
Carnival “Milestone Cruise Rewards” for VIFP members (the “Milestone” program remains unchanged). The new Past Guest program’s effective date was June 25th, 2012, with the Carnival Breeze ship making an exception (its effective date was July 9).
- For their “milestone” bonuses guests are eligible on their 25th, 50th and 75th sailing with Carnival Lines, when they will receive an on-board credit equal respectively to 25%, 50% and 75% of the cruise fare for that particular sailing. These credits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- And the answer to “how many Carnival Fun Points for a free cruise” - on your 100th voyage with the line you’ll receive a complimentary Carnival cruise to Caribbean, Alaska or Mexico Riviera (up to 8 days in length, and this will be a “real deal” for real – not like all free carnival cruise free Carnival cruise phone call and post card scams).
All guests of Carnival are automatically enrolled in the VIFP Club. They can use their existing past-guest number to activate their new profile at this VIFP activation link.
Carnival VIFP program – popular levels/points FAQs
- All current Platinum passengers will remain Platinum regardless of the number of days (if you have 200+ days, you’ll become a Diamond member).
- A guest with 9 sailings will earn Platinum status by taking one sailing of any length within 1 year period (counted from June 25th, 2013).
- A guest with 8 sailings will earn Platinum status by taking 2 sailings of any length within the nest 18 months (counted again from from June 25th, 2012).
- Spouses of passengers with VIFP numbers – to get credit for the sailing, go to your VIFP profile and add your husband/wife as travel companion (if not already there).
- Q: I’m presently Red, 3 more points I’m Gold, I’m also booked on a 7 day sailing – would I get the Gold Card at the beginning of the sailing or I’ll have to wait until the 3rd day or until my next sailing for the Gold card? A: upon check-in you’d be given a Gold status.
- CCL have extended the Carnival stock ownership benefits as part of its loyalty program which gives passengers an OBC for owning at least 100 CCL shares.
FTTF – Carnival “Faster To The Fun” program review
The Carnival FTTF package cost is US $49,95 per stateroom (all guests in the cabin must be in one booking).
- FTTF program is capacity controlled (it all started in August 2012 on 2 ships only – Imagination and Liberty, but it should be available fleet-wide by the end of March 2013)
- The FTTF package availability depends on the number of Diamond-Platinum members on a particular sailing.
- The Carnival FTTF package is Per Stateroom (not Per Person), so only one guest needs to buy it but all occupants receive the benefits.
- There’s no specific time required – once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, FTTF guests will board right after all Platinum and Diamond passengers.
- After purchasing FTTF package, remember to reprint your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your cruise documents. When you get to the port, point out to the porters that your luggage is FTTF so they can mark the tags.
- By booking a Suite you’ll get as perks priority boarding and disembarkation only. If Suite guests want to have access to their rooms upon boarding, plus early luggage delivery, they will need to purchase FTTF.
- The list of Carnival “Faster to the Fun” ships: (currently available on) Imagination, Liberty, Destiny, Valor, Glory, Ecstasy, Sensation, Dream, Triumph, Magic, Breeze, Victory, Freedom, Inspiration, Fascination, Elation, Paradise, (scheduled to be effective 2013) Conquest & Legend & Miracle (in October), and TBA (to be announced when later) for Fantasy & Pride.
Just like with all the stuff Carnival Lines related, the new Carnival loyalty program gives you an upgrade to the next level of fun – with more and better benefits. As to your VIFP level – it’s cool, but it really doesn’t matter much until you reach the Platinum and Diamond levels. What is more important (always, no matter your “cruising rank”!) is that you’ll be soon on that special Fun Ship, having your drink, enjoying the sun and the company of great people. But still, it’s a real deal, it’s fun as usual, it’s up to you to cruise more and get more out of it.
You can share/like/rate our review on the Carnival VIFP Club loyalty program and our Carnival “Faster to the Fun” program review via the social buttons. Happy Carnival VIFP and FTTF sailings with The Fun line!