The list of Carnival Group cruise brands (Carnival Corporation & PLC lines and subsidiary companies) includes P&O, Cunard, Princess, Seabourn,P&O Australia, Holland America Line (HAL), Carnival Cruises (CCL), AIDA (Kreuzfahrten) and Costa (Crociere). The survey is integrated with largest cruise companies.
Carnival Group companies
Carnival group includes the following seven cruise lines: AIDA (Germany) and Costa (Italy); Carnival Cruises (United States); Cunard (United Kingdom); Holland America Line (United States); P&O Cruises (United Kingdom); P&O Cruises Australia (Australia); Princess Cruises (United States); Seabourn Cruise Line (United States). They offer tradition of excellence and quality which distinguishes the group and gives leader position in cruising. This is the link to the company’s website.
Princess Cruises (Princess line review article)
- The American-style sister of P&O Cruises, sharing a commitment to provide stylish sea ship vacation experience and first-class service. The dress code is more informal and relaxed. Company website – princess.com.
Carnival Corporation & plc
- Founded in 2002- merger of P&O Princess and Carnival Corp. Headquarters of Carnival Corporation: Doral, Florida, US; Carnival plc: Southampton, England, UK.
- Carnival Corporation & plc is the world’s largest cruise ship company. It is British-American company, comprising Carnival plc and Oriental Steam Company of 19th century. The company is one of the world’s oldest cruise ship operators, as P&O’s first passenger ship was introduced in 1844.
- Carnival Corporation & plc has headquarters at Carnival Place in Miami suburbs of Doral, Florida, USA and at Carnival House, Southampton, Hampshire, England. The corporation and plc are separate companies with different shareholder bodies. Jointly they own the operating companies in group- Carnival Corp.- the majority stake.
- It was agreed in 2002, that P&O Princess would remain a separate company, relisted as Carnival plc in London, with predominantly British shareholder body, retaining P&O Princess executive team. Carnival Corporation & plc comprises 11 cruise line brands, which operate combined fleet of about 100 ships, with about 190,000 berths and new ships on order.
- The executive control is directed by geographical location, as Carnival UK controls operations in the UK (operations of Cunard Line, P&O (UK and AU), Princess); Carnival Corporation controls the operations in North America; Costa Cruises Group controls operations in rest of Europe. The combined brands of Carnival Corp in 2011 controlled a 49.2% share of the world cruise market.
- Founded in 1972 as Carnival Cruise Lines (CCL) by Ted Arison. The initial public offering of 20% common stock in 1987, provided capital which allowed the beginning of expansion.
- The first acquisition in 1989 of Holland America Line, including Windstar Cruises and Holland America Tours, was followed in 1992 by Seabourn Cruise Line. Note: Windstar was sold to Xanterra Parks and Resorts (the US largest park management company) in 2011.
- In 1993 changed name to Carnival Corporation, continuing to expand into cruise travel industry, acquisitioning in 1998 Cunard and Costa in 2000.
- Company website – phx.corporate-ir.net.
Costa Cruises group
- Being within the largest cruise operators in Europe, as part of Carnival Corporation & plc, Costa Cruises became one of primary companies in the group, mainly responsible Europe operations. It controls AIDA Cruises in Germany, Costa Cruises (Costa Crociere) in Italy and Ibero Cruises (iberoCruceros) in Spain (new cruise brand, created in 2007 by Carnival Corp). Company website – costacruise.com.
Holding company of Carnival Group, formed after the merger of P&O Princess Cruises and Carnival Corporation in 2003. P&O Princess remained a separate company, predominantly British owned and retaining P&O Princess executive staff. Soon after that, P&O Princess was re-listed as Carnival plc (associated with Carnival UK operations), and responsible for Carnival Cruises, Costa Cruises and Holland America Line.
As result of a merger between P&O Princess and Carnival Corp, in 2002 was formed Carnival UK. At that time P&O Princess operated in the UK as the largest ship operator and owned AIDA Cruises brands; Ocean Village; Princess Cruises; P&O Cruises, P&O Cruises Australia. P&O demerged cruise ship operations on the 23rd of October 2000, forming P&O Princess Cruises plc. The new company became the largest cruise operator in the UK. In 2002 P&O Princess Cruises plc announced the Ocean Village brand, commencing operations in May 2003. After that, the company had agreed to merged with Carnival Corporation. P&O Princess Cruises plc was then re-registered as Carnival plc. Company website – carnivalukgroup.com.
- Primary operating of Carnival plc, one of major operating companies in Carnival Group. Consisting of former P&O Princess brands, with executive control of Cunard line and P&O Cruises. Sharing facilities and departmental areas with UK operations of Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Yachts of Seabourn. Carnival’s base is in purpose-built headquarters at Carnival House, Southampton, England. The company Carnival Corp & plc also has offices in UK for other operating bodies.
- Carnival UK is a trade mark and a business name of the Carnival PLC and a separate company incorporated in UK (registered in London, England). Its office address is “5 Gainsford Str, London SE1 2NE”.
- Company website – carnivalcruise.co.uk.
- A branch of Carnival PLC, with control of P&O Australia brand, responsible for operations of Carnival Corporation & PLC ships in South Pacific and Australia regions. Company website – carnivalaustralia.com.
Carnival Corporation ships
- Carnival Cruise Lines: Breeze; Conquest; Dream; Destiny; Ecstasy; Elation; Fascination; Fantasy; Freedom; Imagination; Glory; Inspiration; Liberty; Legend; Magic; Miracle; Pride; Paradise; Splendor; Sensation; Spirit; Sunshine, Triumph; Valor, Victory, Vista.
- Holland America Line: Amsterdam; Eurodam; Koningsdam; Maasdam; Nieuw Amsterdam; Noordam; Oosterdam; Prinsendam; Rotterdam; Volendam; Veendam; Westerdam; Zuiderdam; Zaandam.
- Princess Cruises: Caribbean Princess; Coral Pr.; Crown Pr.; Dawn Pr.; Diamond Pr.; Emerald Pr.; Golden Pr.; Grand Pr.; Island Pr.; Ocean Pr.; Pacific Pr.; Regal Pr.; Royal Pr.; Ruby Pr.; Sapphire Pr.; Sea Pr.; Star Pr.; Sun Pr.s.
- Seabourn Cruise Line: Seabourn Legend; Seabourn Pride; Seabourn Spirit; Seabourn Odyssey; Seabourn Sojourn; Seabourn Quest.
Carnival UK ships
- P&O Cruises: Adonia; Aurora; Arcadia; Azura; Oriana; Oceana; Ventura.
- P&O Cruises Australia: Pacific Aria; Pacific Dawn; Pacific Eden; Pacific Jewel; Pacific Pearl.
- Cunard Line: Queen Mary 2; Queen Elizabeth; Queen Victoria.
Costa Cruises group ships
- AIDA Cruises: AIDAaura; AIDAbella; AIDAblu; AIDAcara; AIDAdiva; AIDAluna; AIDAmar; AIDAprima, AIDAsol; AIDAvita.
- Costa Cruises: Costa Atlantica; Classica; Concordia; Deliziosa; Fascinosa; Favolosa; Fortuna; Luminosa; Magica; Mediterranea; Pacifica; neoRomantica; Serena; Victoria; Voyager.
- Ibero Cruises: Grand Celebration; Grand Holiday; Grand Mistral.
You can share/like/rate our Carnival Group review on the Carnival cruise Corporation brands via the social buttons. Happy sailings with the best lines of the market!