UK/Mediterranean Carnival cruise Carnival Legend itinerary changes and schedule 2013/2014 sailing calendar with all departure dates and destinations. The Carnival Legend ship will operate 2013/2014 Tampa cruises to Western Caribbean and new European itineraries in the Mediterranean departing from Barcelona and Venice, and Baltic cruises in Northern Europe leaving from UK (Dover).
Carnival cruise Legend itinerary/schedule and the Carnival Legend cruise ship related articles
- ms Carnival Legend ship details/specs/stats (Spirit-class ships, sister to Miracle, Pride, Spirit), a Panamax ship (able to pass Panama Canal).
- Carnival Legend dry-dock/refurbished (2014)
- Carnival Legend Spa prices
- Carnival Legend alcohol/drink prices
- Carnival Legend bars menus
- Cheers program Carnival Legend all you can drink card
- (The Golden Fleece) Carnival Legend Steakhouse menu
- Carnival Legend wine list/packages/prices
- Carnival Legend menus
- Carnival Legend dining options
- WiFi Carnival Legend Internet access cost
- Carnival Legend Casino review
- Carnival ships from UK 2013
- Carnival ships to Mediterranean 2013
- 7-day Western Caribbean Carnival Cruise from Tampa
- Carnival itineraries/ship schedules/departure dates.
Review of Carnival Legend ITINERARY 2013/2014
Western CARIBBEAN itinerary - 7-day round-trip from Tampa FL to Grand Cayman, Mexico (Cozumel), Belize (Belize City) and Isla Roatan (Bay of Islands, Honduras).
EUROPEAN itinerary 2013 (Mediterranean & UK)
- MEDITERRANEAN itinerary 2013 - 12-day cruises from Venice and Barcelona, visiting ports in Italy, Sicily, Croatia, Greece and Turkey, plus two Western European repositioning sailings - on June 9 (Barcelona to Dover) and on September 25 (Dover to Barcelona).
- The UK cruise 2013 from Dover offers round-trip sailings to Scandinavia and Russia (the so called "Baltic Capitals Cruises" from UK to Holland, Germany, Finland, Russia, Estonia, Denmark, and occasionally Belgium and France), a Norway Fjords cruise in September, and the special British Isles Carnival cruise to Ireland and Scotland from Dover (on 13 September), followed by three Mediterranean sailings in October.
Carnival Legend Transatlantic cruise repositioning 2013 from Florida to Europe in Spring, and the reverse from Europe to Florida in Fall:
- SPRING 2013 (on 7 April) 15-day from Tampa to Barcelona visiting Bermuda (Kings Wharf), the Portugal's Azores (Ponta Delgada) and in Spain - Malaga, Palma De Mallorca, Barcelona.
- FALL 2013 (on 12 November canceled) 15-day from Barcelona to Tampa with calling on Palma and Malaga in Spain, Funchal (Madeira), and Grand Turk Island and Half Moon Cay in the Caribbean. New Transatlantic crossing date & itinerary changes - 15-day leaving from Dover to NYC, and 11-day New York to Tampa (for all changes see below the 2013 Sept-Oct-Nov).
Carnival Legend schedule 2013/2014 cruise prices Per Person (double occupancy, in US dollars), rates on all main cabin categories (Inside-Oceanview-Balcony-Suite). All Carnival Legend cruise prices are indicative and will change with the sailing dates approaching, available discounts, different travel agencies, etc. Still, they are good enough to show the seasonal swing of prices on Carnival Legend deals. By choosing your Carnival Legend ship cruise dates wisely you may considerably lower your Carnival ship vacation budget, along with the Carnival Line's Early Saver booking discount.
Carnival Legend schedule 2013 cruise Tampa FL to Caribbean
- JANUARY 2013 (6, 13, 20, 27) $480-560-630-1,000.
- FEBRUARY 2013
- (February 3, 10, 24) $520-600-670-1,300
- (February 17) $580-660-730-1,150.
- MARCH 2013
- (March 3, 17) $530-610-680-1,100
- (March 10 incident) $630-710-780-1,200
- (March 24, 31) $720-800-860-1,300 (Mar 24 itinerary change - Grand Cayman to be replaced with Costa Maya).
- (April 7) 15-day Transatlantic relocation from Tampa to Barcelona $660-960-1,060-2,300.
- (April 22) 12-day Med cruise from Barcelona to Venice (Palma De Mallorca, Marseille, Sardinia (Olbia), Livorno, Rome, Naples, Sicily (Messina), Dubrovnik) $960-1,260-1,370-2,400.
Carnival Legend schedule 2013 Europe (Mediterranean & UK/Baltic) cruise dates, roundtrip itinerary from Venice/Dover
MAY 2013 Mediterranean
- (May 4) from Venice to Barcelona (Dubrovnik, Athens, Izmir, Messina, Naples, Rome, Livorno, Marseille) $960-1,260-1,370-2,390.
- (May 16) the reverse from Barcelona to Venice $960-1,260-1,370-2,390.
- (May 28) from Venice to Barcelona (Dubrovnik, Sicily, Naples, Rome, Livorno, Monte Carlo, Marseille, Palma) $960-1,260-1,360-2,400.
JUNE 2013 Med cruises
- (June 9 relocation) from Barcelona to Dover with Monte Carlo, Marseille, Livorno, Rome, Malaga, Lisbon $1,070-1,420-1,560-2,840
- (June 21) Baltic Capitals round-trip from Dover (Copenhagen, Berlin, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Tallinn, Brussels) $1,320-1,720-1,860-3,150.
- (July 3, 15, 27) round-trip Baltic cruises from Dover to Copenhagen, Berlin, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Tallinn, Amsterdam $1,420-1,820-1,960-3,250.
AUGUST 2013 Baltic Sea cruises
- roundtrips from Dover to Copenhagen, Berlin, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Tallinn, Amsterdam
- (August 8) $1,430-1,830-1,960-3,240
- (August 20) $1,330-1,730-1,860-2,900.
Carnival Legend cruise 2013 UK itinerary & schedule
- (September 1) from Dover to Norway Fjords (visiting Alesund, Bergen, Stavanger, Oslo), Hamburg, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris (Le Havre) $1,230-1,630-1,770-2,800.
- (September 13 Around Britain) from Dover to Norway Fjords (Stavanger), Scotland (Edinburgh, Invergordon, Greenock), Belfast, Ireland (Dublin), Paris (from Le Havre) $1,250-1,650-1,800-2,820.
- canceled (September 25 relocation) from Dover to Barcelona visiting Lisbon, Malaga, Marseille, Monte Carlo, Livorno, Rome $1,060-1,420-1,570-2,600.
- (2013 September 25 repositioning) 15-day Transatlantic cruise Dover to NYC, New York, prices from $1,240.
- canceled (October 7) round-trip cruise from Barcelona (Marseille, Livorno, Rome, Naples, Dubrovnik, Venice, Sicily) $970-1,320-1,420-2,450.
- canceled (October 19) from Barcelona to Venice (Palma, Marseille, Monte Carlo, Livorno, Rome, Naples, Sicily, Dubrovnik) $970-1,320-1,420-2,450.
- canceled (October 31) from Venice to Barcelona (Dubrovnik, Athens, Izmir, Sicily, Naples, Rome, Livorno, Marseille) $960-1,320-1,420-2,450.
- new itinerary (October 10) 11-day repositioning cruise from NYC, New York, to Tampa, Florida, with Southern Caribbean (Ariba, Curacao, Jamaica (Ocho Rios) and Grand Cayman, to Tampa - from $880.
- new itinerary (October 21) 5-day Western Caribbean cruise special from Tampa to Grand Cayman and Cozumel - from $330.
- new itinerary (October 26) 8-day special cruise to Western Caribbean, call ports Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Mexico (Costa Maya and Cozumel) - from $530.
NOVEMBER 2013 itinerary changes
- canceled (November 12) 15-day Transatlantic to Tampa from Barcelona $760-1,060-1,160-2,400.
- canceled (November 27) 4-day cruise from Tampa to Cozumel $420-470-500-800.
- the new cruise schedule (different departure dates)
- all 7-day Western Caribbean cruises
- (November 3, 10 & 17) from $460
- (November 24) from $580.
- (December 1, 8) $460-540-620-1,000
- (December 15) $520-590-660-1,040.
- Christmas 2013 (on December 22) $950-1,080-1,200-1,780.
- New Years Eve 2013 (December 29) $900-1,020-1,160-1,750.
Carnival Legend schedule 2014 cruise Tampa to Western Caribbean (all 7-days)
- JANUARY 2014 (5, 12, 19, 26) $480-560-630-1,000.
- FEBRUARY 2014
- (February 2, 9, 23) $520-600-670-1,100
- (February 16) $580-660-730-1,150.
- MARCH 2014
- (March 2, 30) $530-620-680-1,060
- (March 9) $630-720-780-1,170
- (March 16, 23) $570-650-730-1,130.
- APRIL 2014
- (April 6, 27) $530-620-680-1,090
- (April 13) $610-690-760-1,190
- (April 20) $580-660-730-1,150.
Carnival Legend cruise ship incident/accident
- (March 13, 2013, technical) - problems with one of the Azipod propulsion units (controlling the sailing speed). Results: an itinerary change (skipping Grand Cayman) and returning to Tampa at reduced speed (14 kn/16mph/26kmh). All functions were normal regarding safety systems and hotel services. All passengers received a $100 pp credit, a full refund on pre-purchased Grand Cayman shore excursions and 50% off a future sailing.
- (Feb 13, 2010, mechanical) - engine problems (guests reported "grinding noises & vibrations"). Results: highly reduced speed, late arrival in Tampa, late departure the next day, itinerary change (Cozumel replacing Grand Cayman).
- (Sept 30, 2009, cruise ship crash) - while leaving its berth in Cozumel, due to a heavy gust of wind she crashed against the side of RCI Enchantment of the Seas. Results: an open deck areas damage, a lot of broken glass, both vessels were able to continue their itinerary.
- (Sept 2, 2007, power loss) during its first sea day she lost power for ~1 hour, resulting in late arrival at call port the next day.
- (May 20, 2006, cruise ship passenger jump/death). A 35 yo male from Plumstead PA jumped off his balcony cabin (at 1 AM on May 27) after a serious quarrel with his wife, and in front of their kids. CCL Legend remained in the incident's area for ~11 hours. Results: late arrival in NYC, USCG search and rescue, the man's body was never found.
- (Aug 3, 2005, ~10 PM) engine room fire resulting in heavy smoke from its bow's lower levels.
- (July 13, 2005, heavy listing incident). After leaving BVI (Tortola) to NYC, at ~5 PM she listed 14° port side with a hard starboard turn. They explained the incident as a computer problem. The Captain had to manually navigate the ship in order to prevent capsizing. Results - a lot of broken glass and spilled drinks (without any compensation).
- (Aug 21, 2002, the "Bottle Smashing" fiasco) - during the Legend's christening ceremony, her godmother Judi Dench had to take 3 attempts to smash the champagne bottle against the hull. The superstitious would say this was the very cause for all the future incidents/accidents.
- on May 6, 2013, CCL announced Carnival Legend will be the second Carnival Australia cruise ship sailing Down Under from September 2014. The Legend ship will seasonally deployed (from Sept 24, 2014) in Sydney AU, to join the Carnival Spirit (moved permanently to Australia in 2012). The Legend ship (built 2002) will enter a dry dock for refurbishment in 2014 to be "Aussified" accordingly. The reason for all this - the "overwhelming demand" from Australian passengers for all the best Carnival fun ship activities. Carnival Legend depart from Sydney Harbour (first Australian cruise September 24, 2014). Carnival Legend 2014 Australia itinerary - Pacific Island (New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji) on 8- to 12-day cruises. Details on itineraries will be revealed on May 28, 2013. Carnival Legend may offer Mexican Riviera or even Asia cruises during the winter months (not official, CCL says "Northern Hemisphere") before returning to Australia again in Spring 2015. Carnival Legend Australia cruise deals will be available for booking in June 2013. Carnival Legend will be the newest and largest Carnival cruise ship to be home-ported in Sydney AU.
Carnival Legend cruise ship location/current position tracker - where is Carnival Legend right now!
(if you lose the Carnival Legend position - simply reload the page. MMSI 354237000)
You can share/like our Carnival Legend itinerary/schedule 2013/2014 article via the social buttons below. Happy Carnival Legend cruises!