Christian Cruises 2014 – compare our Christian themed vacation offers by line and destination. See what are the best Christian cruise lines and what their ships have to offer you as themes, itineraries and sailing dates in 2014. This article is integrated with Cruises to Holy Land and our Theme Cruises hub.
Although not cheap, Christian cruise vacations for families have all the chances to become one of your family’s best spiritual getaways! No matter if it’s a ministry-organized group voyage, or just a family vacation focused on Christian values, “Christian Cruises” as themed voyages are a wonderful vacation option. On these, you can do both – indulge in the pampering elements of the cruise ship vacation, and satisfy your spiritual needs.
“Christian Cruises” Review
What is a Christian Cruise?
If you are on a vacation budget, a ship cruise is among the best all-inclusive packages- everything is included and pre-planned. This simplifies packing and travel, enhancing your relaxation.
“Christian Cruises” incorporate inspirational speakers, teaching seminars, spiritual entertainment. These are the spots to find like-minded people, worship and pray as you sail. There are different types among all Christian cruise deals. Some include Senior, Family, Couples and Singles Cruises.
The typical length of Christian Cruises varies from three up to eight days; their average cost ranges from $400 and up.
- Pros – unforgettable spiritual voyages of a lifetime; all trip essentials included in one price; family-friendly environment and entertainment.
- Cons – High cost of the vacation packages; not freestyle cruises- dress code may be uncomfortable for some guests; no variety in entertainment (particularly musical entertainment).
Many Christian Cruises are organized by specific ministry or churches organizations. They often opt for specialized themes, the most popular of which include:
- Music cruises with popular Christian artists’ songs;
- Christian college cruises;
- Ministerial voyages for church leadership figures;
- Christian destination vacations that visit religious sites or trace Bible routes (Israel being among the world’s most visited);
- Specialized denomination voyages, planned to appeal to Episcopalians, Lutherans, Methodists, other Christianity sects;
- Couples and Singles cruises which give members an opportunity to connect with people who share their faith;
- Family voyages (mother and daughter) that unite families with Christian ideals and values.
At the following link you can read about the very definition of “Christian” at Wikipedia.
Christian Cruise Ship Vacations – Activities
In addition to the inclusions of a typical cruise price (fine dining, games, entertainment), “Christian Cruises” provide a variety of activities. This way Christian passengers enjoy fellowship with other guests. Remember that group cruises do not usually require passengers’ participation in any set number activities. There are options for everyone to try something fun that will help meet other individuals sharing the same religious beliefs. Each themed Christian cruise is quite different, but the typical onboard activities include:
- Welcome receptions and Bible study
- Worship services and Seminars on different religious topics
- Christian themed games; Christian entertainment (Christian musicians, speakers, comedians)
- Specialized shore excursions to famous religious sites, churches, temples.
- Social activities (dances, slumber parties, group photographs, elegant receptions on formal nights).
How to Choose between Christian Cruise Lines?
A large number of travel agencies plan regular Christian Cruises. A single agency only offers a few voyages each year. But if you investigate different travel agents, you will be able to find the voyage that appeals to you exactly. The most popular agencies, offering Christian cruise vacations are:
- All Christian Cruises
- Bountiful Travel
- Christian Cruises.com
- Christian Travel Finder
- Inspiration Cruises
- Matter of the Heart
- Premier Christian Cruises
- Templeton Tours Inc.
Christian cruise lines ships have limited offers on Christian themed cruises per year. But they all sail to some of the world’s most beautiful places! Usually, themed cruise deals are traded via themed travel agencies. Some travel agencies schedule a popular itinerary. Others vary destinations so that travelers have more options. Consider the following factors when you choose between all the “Christian cruise lines”:
- Cruise line/operator. The ones that frequently host themed Christian voyages are Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Holland America Cruise Line, though other lines participate as well.
- Destinations/itinerary. Christian themed cruises often include vacations to Caribbean, Alaska and Bahamas. Another very popular destinations are Mexico and Hawaii. Very special Mediterranean itineraries are the so called “Holy Land Cruises“- to visit Israel, Egypt, Greece and Turkey in one package deals.
- Denomination. There are voyages focused on appealing to a specific sect. Other are appealing to all Christians.
- Activity options. Carefully investigate the activities when you choose a Christian cruise- find those appealing to you. Some Christian music artists are popular for ones, but other passengers may prefer a quieter voyage.
Your Own Unique Christian Cruise
If you are unable to find the ideal Christian cruise for your own vacation plans, work through the local church. There are lots of pre-planned Christian voyages available, but not every Christian likes to be involved in a structured getaway. Don’t bother- it is easy to plan a Christian cruise on your own. The benefits of cruise vacations include the appeal of having meals, accommodations, travel and destinations- all included in a single fare. There are also many activities provided, which appeal to all ages. Read the following tips which will add some spirituality to your traveling experience:
- Designate time for worship and prayer. Modern cruise ships offer small chapels; there are also many quiet places on board suitable for a small group.
- Avoid cruise ship’s vices. Your personal behavior can be Christ-like everywhere, no matter where the voyage may be.
- Choose educational tours. Instead of indulging on board, discover God’s wonders in different destination.
Christian cruise lines deals present the unique option for physically, mentally and spiritually refreshing themed travel vacations. Choose preplanned theme cruises specific to your faith or just focus on spirituality while on vacation. Christian cruises offer something for everyone! Book today and get the best cabin locations and rates! Find out more from our selected Christian vacations below.
Christian Cruises 2014 lines, ships schedules, itineraries, information
|theme/title||2014 departures dates||Christian cruise lines / ship (internal links to the ship’s schedule and current position)||length / itinerary||information (call for details) / external links|
|“Davis College Cruise with Dr. Woodrow Kroll”||Jan 06||Royal Caribbean – Enchantment of the Seas||5-day Bahamas from Port Canaveral, FL||800-334-2630, link|
|“11th Annual K-LOVE Friends & Family Music Cruise”||Jan 25||Carnival Victory||5-day Caribbean from Miami, FL||800-889-5265, link|
|“An Oasis of Worship”||Jan 26||Royal Caribbean - Independence of the Seas||7-day Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale, FL||800-288-4778, link|
|“Singing at Sea”||Feb 03||Carnival Fascination||6-day Bahamas rom Jacksonville, FL||800-334-2630, link|
|“FamilyLife’s Love Like You Mean It Marriage cruise”||Feb 10||Carnival Ecstasy||4-day Caribbean from Miami, FL||800-889-5265, link|
||Holland America – ms Westerdam||
|“Walk in the Word and Dr. James MacDonald and the Vertical Church Band”||Mar 02||Royal Caribbean - Allure of the Seas||7-day Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale, FL||800-247-1899, link|
||Holland America - Nieuw Amsterdam||7-day Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale, FL|
|“LDS Singles Cruise”||May 04||Carnival Conquest||7-day Mexico & Central America from Miami, FL||801-859-1313, link|
|“West Coast Baptist Alaska Cruise”||Aug 09||NCL - Norwegian Jewel||9-day Alaska from Seattle, WA||800-334-2630, link|
You can share/like/rate our review on Christian Cruises 2014 ship vacation specials via the social buttons. You, God’s devoted servants, be sure to visit us again to see what’s what with our latest updates and more and more links for Christian themed cruises. You, guys, be strong in your faith! They say “blessed are those who believe without seeing”. But how not to see the beauty of eternity in this special world made for us by God Almighty – The One And Only? So I say “blessed are those who can see to believe”. Let it be His Word in our hearts and minds! May God bless us all!