CMV ms Marco Polo cruise ship itinerary 2013/2014 Marco Polo cruise schedule (sailing calendar with tickets prices), routes and destinations. Marco Polo cruise 2013/2014 deals offer most affordable prices on cruises departing from UK (Tilbury/London) and Newcastle, and as June 2013 specials - the Marco Polo cruise from Edinburgh/Scotland.
ms Marco Polo cruise ship itinerary/schedule related categories and articles
- UK luxury ships leaving from London
- round-trip England Scotland tours from London and Edinburgh
- Arctic and Fjord tours from UK to Norway
- British Isles tours Around Britain
- Baltic luxury tours from UK to Scandinavia and Russia
- roundtrip Transatlantic cruise from London UK to South America and the Caribbean.
- Marco Polo cruise ship specifications/statistics/history
- Marco Polo cruise liner review.
- external links:
- Marco Polo cruises (alternative website)
- Cruise&Maritime Voyages (official site).
ms Marco Polo cruise 2013/2014 prices Per Person (double occupancy, in GBP pounds) min fares for cabin category Standard Inside, prices are suggestive and might change with the sailing dates approaching.
Marco Polo cruises from Tilbury 2013 itinerary & schedule
- 12n luxury Baltic tours to Scandinavia and Russia from UK, visiting Copenhagen, Warnemunde, Helsinki, St Petersburg (May 11 and June 6), Tallinn, Stockholm and Kiel Canal
- (May 5 ) from £850
- (May 31) from £1,270.
- (May 17) 8n to Norway (Eidfjord, Sorfjord (May 20), Flam, Geiranger, Bergen) from £600.
- (May 25 one-way from Tilbury London)
- 1-day from London to Edinburgh (£120)
- 6n Around British Isles tour from London to Scotland, visiting Edinburgh, Faroe Islands (Thorshavn), Isle of Lewis (Stornoway), Kirkwall (May 30) to Edinburgh - from £500.
- (May 26) 5n Scotland round-trip from Edinburgh to Thorshavn, Stornoway and Kirkwall (£500).
JUNE 2013 cruises from Edinburgh Scotland (round-trip sailings)
- (June 12) 7n Scotland to Norway Fjords (Geiranger, Olden (June 16), Bergen) and Kirkwall (£750).
- (June 19) 11n from Scotland to Iceland, from Edinburgh to Kirkwall, Westman Islands (Heimaey), Iceland (June 23 - Reykjavik, Isafjord, Akureyri, Seydisfjordur), Faroe Islands (June 27 - Klaksvik, Thorshavn) and Shetland Isles (Lerwick) - from £1,100.
- (June 30) 13n Arctic cruise to Spitzbergen, from Edinburgh to Norway Fjords (Molde, Andalsnes, Tromso (July 4), Honningsvag, Spitzbergen (July 7 - Longyearbyen, Ny Alesund), Thorshavn (July 11) and Kirkwall - from £1,130.
- (July 13) 1-day mini cruise Scotland England (Edinburgh to London) $120.
- (July 14) 12n round-trip London to Arctic Norway (Stavanger, Olden, Gravdal (July 19), Honningsvag, Tromso (July 21), Andalsnes, Bergen) - from £1,130.
- (July 26) 9n round-trip Around Britain tour of British Isles from London to Invergordon, Isle of Lewis (Stornoway), Isle of Mull (Tobermory), Dublin (July 31), Isle of Scilly (Tresco), Channel Islands and Honfleur - from £960.
- (August 4) 12n Iceland cruise from UK round-trip from London to Kirkwall, Heimaey, Iceland (August 9 - Reykjavik, Isafjord, Akureyri, Seydisfjordur), Thorshavn (August 13) and Lerwick - from £1,200.
- (August 8) 8n round-trip London to Norway (Eidfjord, Fjaerland (August 19), Balestrand, Bergen) and Edinburgh (Festival, August 22) - from £690.
- (August 24 12n round-trip UK to Baltic Scandinavia and Russia from London to Copenhagen, Warnemunde, Helsinki, St Petersburg (August 30), Tallinn, Stockholm and Kiel Canal - from £1,200.
- (September 5) 10n Around British Isles tour from London to Scotland (Invergordon, Kirkwall), Isle of Lewis, Isle of Mull, Ireland (Dublin September 11), Isle of Scilly, Channel Islands and France (Honfleur) - from £960.
- (September 15) 6n Norway Fjords from London (Eidfjord, Flam, Bergen) - from £490.
- (September 21) 12n Baltic and Russia from London to Copenhagen, Warnemunde, Helsinki, St Petersburg (September 27), Tallinn, Nynashamn (Sweden) and Kiel Canal - from £1,100.
- (October 3) 3n round-trip from London to Amsterdam with Belgium (Gent) - from £250.
- (October 6) 14n to Arctic Norway (Eidfjord, Olden, Gravdal (October 11), Alta, Honningsvag, Tromso (October 14), Narvik, Andalsnes, Bergen) - from £1,150.
- (October 20) 12n UK to Baltic Capitals (Copenhagen, Warnemunde, Helsinki, St Petersburg (October 26), Tallinn, Nynashamn, Kiel Canal - from £850.
- (November 1) 32n Caribbean from London (round-trip to Bristol, Ponta Delgada, Antigua, St Maarten, St Barthelemy, St Kitts, St Lucia, St Vincent, Grenadines (Bequia, Mayreau), Barbados/Nov 20, Horta, Bristol) - prices from £1,970.
- (November 3) 28n Caribbean from England/Bristol (round-trip) - from £1,970.
- Holiday shopping/mini cruises from London/round-trip
- (December 15) 3night to Belgium (Gent) and Holland (Amsterdam) - prices from £220
- (December 18) 2night to Belgium (Antwerp) - from only £140
- Christmas New Years 2013 December 22) 14n Canary cruise from London (Gibraltar, Arrecife, Tenerife, St Cruz De La Palma, Madeira (in Funchal on Dec 31), Leixoes) - £1,100.
ms Marco Polo cruises 2014 itinerary & schedule, cruises from Tilbury/London
- JANUARY 2014
- (January 5 departures from London)
- 2night to Amsterdam from London (one-way) - from £170-300.
- 42n Transatlantic/Amazon Brazil cruise from England to South America (round-trip from London to Amsterdam, Lisbon, Funchal, Cape Verde (Mindelo), Santarem, Boca da Valeria, Manaus/Jan 23, Parintins, Santarem, Almeirim, Macapa, French Guiana (Iles Du Salut), Grenada, St Vincent, St Lucia, Barbados/Feb 4, Horta, Ponta Delgada) - fares from £2,700.
- FEBRUARY 2014
- (February 16) 14n Norway Fjords & North Cape (Amsterdam, Alesund, Narvik, Alta, Tromso/Feb 24, Sortland, Andalsnes, Bergen) - from £1,100.
- MARCH 2014
- (March 2 & 16) 1n Norwegian Fjords and North Cape (the above route) - prices start from £1,100.
- (March 30) 5n short break UK to Amsterdam, Rouen, Antwerp - from £400
- APRIL 2014
- (April 4) 9n British Isles (Invergordon, Isle of Lewis, Isle of Mull, Dublin, Isle of Scilly, Channel Islands, Honfleur) - from £730.
- (April 13, 19 & 25) 6n Norway Fjords (Ulvik, Eidfjord, Flam, Bergen) - from £490.
- MAY 2014
- (May 2) 4n to Belgium (Gent), Amsterdam, Honfleur - prices from £320.
- (May 6) 12n Baltic (Copenhagen, Warnemunde/Berlin, Tallinn, St Petersburg/Russia/May 12, Helsinki, Stockholm, Kiel Canal) - from £1,000
- (May 18) 6n Norway (Ulvik, Eidfjord, Flam, Bergen) - from £500.
- (May 24) 9n British Islands (Invergordon, Isle of Lewis, Isle of Mull, Dublin/May 29, Isle of Scilly, Channel Islands, Honfleur) - fares from £760.
Marco Polo Newcastle 2014 cruises (roundtrip itinerary)
- JUNE 2014
- (June 2) 6n short break round-trip from London to Belgium (Zeebrugge/Bruges), Portsmouth, Honfleur, Cherbourg) - £650.
- (June 8) one-way 1-night from London to Newcastle - prices from only £70.
- (June 8) 7n London - Newcastle combined with Scotish Isles - from £570.
- (June 9) 6n Scotish Islands round-trip from Newcastle to Faroe Islands (Kollafjordur), Scotland (Ullapool), Shetland Isles (Lerwick), Scotland (Kirkwall) - fares from £520.
- (June 15) 12n Baltic cruise departing from Newcastle (round-trip to Kiel Canal, Warnemunde, Kiel Canal, Tallinn, St Petersburg/June 20, Helsinki, Stockholm, Copenhagen) - from £1,040.
- (June 27) 7n Norway Fjorda (Hellesylt, Andalsnes, Olden, Skjolden) - from £600.
- JULY 2014
- (July 4th) 14n North Cape & Arctic Russia (Geiranger, Gravdal, Kirkenes, Murmansk/Russia (July 11), Honningsvag, Tromso/Jul 13, Andalsnes, Bergen) - prices from £1,220.
- (July 18) 1-night from Newcastle to London - £70.
- (July 18) 11n Around Britain one-way from Newcastle to London, Invergordon, Kirkwall, Isle of Lewis, Isle of Mull, Dublin, Isle of Scilly, Channel Islands, Honfleur, Tilbury) - £900.
- (July 19) 10n British Isles tour from London round-trip - £870.
- (July 29) 8n round-trip London to Norway Fjords (Eidfjord, Flam, Fjaerland, Balestrand, Olden, Bergen) - £700.
ms Marco Polo cruises from Tilbury 2014 (roundtrip itinerary)
- AUGUST 2014
- (August 9) 12n UK to Iceland (Shetland Isles, Faroe Islands, Iceland (Eskifjordur, Akureyri, Isafjord, Reykjavik), Westman Islands, Kirkwall) - prices from £1,040.
- (August 21) 12n Baltic (Copenhagen, Sassnitz, Tallinn, St Petersburg/Aug 7, Helsinki, Stockholm, Kiel Canal) - from £1,040.
- SEPTEMBER 2014
- (September 2) 9n Round British Islands (Invergordon, Isle of Lewis, Isle of Mull, Dublin/Sept 7, Isle of Scilly, Channel Islands) - fares from £790.
- (September 11) 7n Norwegian Fjords (Ulvik, Eidfjord, Flam, Hellesylt, Bergen) - £580.
- (September 18) short break 3-day from London to Belgium (Antwerp) and Amsterdam - from £250 pp.
- (September 21) Baltic Capitals (Copenhagen, Warnemunde/Berlin, Tallinn, St Petersburg/Sept 27, Helsinki, Nynashamn/Sweden, Kiel Canal) - £1,000.
- OCTOBER 2014
- (October 5) 3-day from London to Amsterdam - prices from only £160
- (October 7) 8n Scandinavia (Amsterdam, Kiel Canal, Wismar, Helsingborg, Copenhagen, Oslo) - £650
- (October 15) 12n Baltic to Russia (Copenhagen, Warnemunde, Tallinn, St Petersburg/Oct 21, Helsinki, Nynashamn, Kiel Canal) - from £1,000
- (October 27) 14n Norway Fjords & North Cape (Eidfjord, Olden, Gravdal, Alta, Honningsvag, Tromso/Nov 4, Narvik, Andalsnes, Bergen) - from £1,150.
- NOVEMBER 2014 (tba).
- DECEMBER 2014 (tba).
ms Marco Polo cruise ship incident 2013
- The most famous from the small fleet of Cruise&Maritime Voyages ships (aka CMV Cruises) ms Marco Polo ran aground on March 10, 2013, while sailing on its 14-night Norwegian Fjords itinerary (Amsterdam to UK/London). It happened in a remote fjord in Norway located north of the Arctic Circle, where after leaving the port of Sortland the ship (under the command of a port pilot) struck an uncharted underwater rock and suffered hull damage (16"/40cm hole in its ballaster tank). The ship immediately returned to Sortland for a damage assessment, after the inspection and some hull repairs the vessel was cleared to continue with its Fjord itinerary. No injuries are reported. The Norwegian Coastal Administration (Kystverket) is solely responsible for the charts in this region, and they will investigate the incident. CMV have decided to disembark all its guests in Antwerp and the ship will go into dry-dock there for full hull inspection. Some sailings were cancelled (see March 2013 itinerary above) following the damage assessment at the Antwerp ship-repair yard.
- passengers compensation - CMV announced that on the cancelled voyage all passengers will receive a full refund of the cruise cost and £50 per person in cash, plus a 25% future cruise discount on any round-trip sailing from UK in the line's 2013/2014 program.
- One of the reasons why the Marco Polo ship suffered only minor damages is that this nearly 50-year-old liner was originally constructed in the former Soviet Union with a greater hull strength to withstand contact with broken ice (read more at the ship-history link above). CMV has not yet commented on whether the ship will require further repairs (dry-dock). The Marco Polo ship is due back in London on Thursday (March 14) to continue its 2013 schedule departing from London the same day on a very similar Norwegian Fjords itinerary (this time round-trip from London).
mv Marco Polo cruise ship video tour
You can share/like our Marco Polo cruise ship itinerary/schedule article via the social buttons below. We wish you safe and happy ms Marco Polo cruises in 2013/2014 on your small, older and so much affordable luxury ship from UK!