Also known as the "Alaska Land Cruises", the Alaskan Land and Sea cruise packages offer a really unique opportunity to feel the heart of Alaska - a mesmerizing voyage with most exciting itineraries operated by the best Alaska cruise lines and ships combined with the "real life" Alaskan adventures offered by a huge variety of land tours. The Alaskan land tour packages are always optional (not included in your cruise tickets prices, they must be booked separately). The Alaskan land and cruise tours either start or end with your sailing (depending on packages, destination, line, prices).
Alaska land and sea packages - classification
The cheapest cheap Alaska cruise and land tour packages and the majority of Canada Alaska cruise tours in 2013 are offered (again) by the leader in the region - the Holland America Line, assisted by its local subsidiary - the "Westmark Hotels" in Canada (Yukon) and Alaska. So as step one - pick your very best Alaska cruise ship itinerary from the two best Alaska cruise itineraries: the Inside Passage Alaska cruises (from Vancouver and Seattle) and the Gulf of Alaska Glacier cruises.
- Most of the Alaska Inside Passage cruise tours depart from Vancouver, Canada, sailing north to the Inside Passage located in Southeast Alaska (it's a narrow waterway passage surrounded by majestic glaciers, mountains and pristine rainforests). There are usually 3 or 4 call ports along the itinerary before its end at Skagway or Haines.
- Gulf of Alaska cruise tours include a similar itinerary, but the sailing portion visits less Inside Passage ports in order to spend more time at the "Alaska Glacier territory" - Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier. Sometime your ship will also visit Prince William Sound to end in either Seward or Whittier (depending on line).
Denali Park cruise tours can be combined with both Gulf of Alaska and Inside Passage itineraries.
- Gulf of Alaska cruise with Denali land tours - you'll spend 2 to 6 nights in the National Park (depending on line and the tour option)). Highlights - riding the scenic Denali park tour bus, viewing the wildlife, hiking around the park. At the end of the Denali tours you visit the historic Fairbanks (a mining town).
- Inside Passage Alaska cruise land Denali tours include visiting the Yukon territory of Canada. From the city of Skagway AK you'll travel to Whitehorse and Dawson City and then back into Alaska. As optional stops are offered Tok, Eagle and Fairbanks plus a few days in Denali Park, then you'll travel south to Anchorage to end your tour vacation.
Gulf of Alaska Kenai Fjords cruise tour Seward or Whittier (where the sailing part ends). Highlights - the Alaskan glaciers, excellent land and marine wildlife viewing experiences, sport activities (sea kayaking, fishing tours). Often as additional destinations are included Homer or Cooper Landing, or heading north to Anchorage, Talkeetna and Denali Park, and Fairbanks will be your last tour point..
The Vancouver Alaska cruise Canadian Rockies tour. The itinerary of the Canadian Rockies tours from Vancouver usually include a Vancouver city tour, visiting the Yoho Park, Lake Louise, the Banff Park, exploring the ex trading post Kamloops and a Calgary city tour. The "Canadian" highlights include the 600-ft deep gorge (Fraser River Canyon), the Banff's hot springs, numerous cultural and historic places and attractions.
Alaska land and cruise packages by line
Visit us again soon to learn all about prices, exact itineraries and routes, and inclusions on the following "best of the best" names in this business:
- Princess Alaska land and sea tours (land tours are more balanced with the sailing, durations 5-7 days).
- Celebrity Alaskan land and sea tours.
- Holland America Alaskan land and sea cruises tours (land tours are shorter than the sailing, duration 3-5 days).
- Norwegian Cruise Line Alaska cruise tours.
- Royal Caribbean Alaska land and sea cruise packages (land tours are longer than the sailing).
- luxury Alaska land and sea tours and vacation packages
- and small ship Alaska cruise land tour packages.
The Alaskan land and sea vacation packages prices generally depend on the ship operator (line), the ship, length and type of the tours, and if not all-inclusive - the deals usually don't include any transportation. Prices vary from around $1,000 to more than $3,000 US per guest.
Alaska cruise tours (land sea packages) prices by major Alaskan cruise companies (exemplary offers)
- The Holland America packages prices: 10-day ($1,280-$1,670), 11-day ($1,380-1,870), 12-day ($1,810-1,780), 13-day ($1,580-2,530), 19-day (up to $3,170).
- The Princess packages prices: 10-day (to $1,300), 11-day ($1,250-1,470), 12-day ($1,570-1,770), 13-day ($1,750-1,850).
- The Celebrity tours: 10-day (to $1,700), 11-day (to $1,200), 13-day ($1,200-2,500).
- NCL Alaska packages: 9-day ($850-920), 10-day ($950-1,100).
- Royal Caribbean Alaska tours prices: 10-day ($1,550-1,770), 11-day ($1,400-2,080), 12-day ($2,090-2,320), 13-day ($1,700-2,270).
Affordable to cheap Alaska package vacations, the Alaska land tours prices per person (double occupancy, in US dollars), the lowest fares and lodges rates ONLY, all combined with 7-day sailings (follow the line-links to see which ships will sail Alaska in 2013):
- Holland America (40 tours): 8-days ($160), 11-days ($125), 12-days ($150), 13-days ($120), 19-days ($100).
- Princess (74 tours): 10-days ($130), 11-days ($110), 12-days ($130), 13-days ($135) - 5 luxury lodges at the major National Parks.
- Celebrity (21 tours): 10-days ($170), 11-days ($110), 13-days ($100), 14-days ($100).
- NCL (10 tours) 9-days ($70), 10-days ($85).
- Royal Caribbean (21 tours): 10-days ($155), 11-days ($130), 12-days ($175), 13-days ($130).
The Alaska land cruise packages often are offered as all-inclusive vacation options. Depending on the price range and the type of the vacation you prefer, the land and sea packages may include staying in affordably cheap or luxury Alaska lodges, or in some of the all-inclusive Alaskan resorts. But whatever the lodging option chosen, the Alaska land sea tours will always provide you with unique, more intimate, real-life experiences in the strangest and largest US state by area - the "American" Alaska, with its total land area of 1,481 sq.km, visited each year by over two million guests.